Saturday, April 26, 2008

new blues you can use

I’ve been working every chance I could get on new blues songs for the upcoming cd. I’ve written 13 new songs in the past 2 weeks… and think I am done! I think I wrote some good stuff. When writing, I went way back in the day; way old school; way back to the roots… and my musical roots. I’m going for a Howlin” Wolf, John Lee Hooker, Jimmy Reed feel and sound. Believe it or not, those were the artists my parents partied to when I was little; when they had “house parties” [literally] back in the 1950s.

I wrote a few boogie type songs just because I like them, but don’t normally do them… boogie [not boogie-woogie] is more of a guitar thing; not a piano thing.

I’ve written and recorded everything- made rough demos- and uploaded the material to the band. As soon as I get to Switzerland we will start rehearsing this new material, jamming it out, and begin recording it. We’ll be done with the recordings by May 15th, but Michael will be mixing and mastering everything in Virginia.

I’m hoping the final product will be ready this summer. Stay tuned!

[c]2008 doug duffey